Generally a bread-heavy side, we've switched things up with our stuffing by utilizing Rancho Gordo's Garbanzo Beans + Alter Eco's Rainbow Quinoa to craft a healthier and highly flavorful dish, sure to please even the most discerning palates. Artisan ingredients used: Rancho Gordo Garbanzo Beans + Alter Eco Rainbow Quinoa.
1 Cup, Alter Eco Rainbow Quinoa
1 Ear, Corn, Kernels Removed
1/2 Pound, Mushrooms of choice, Sliced
1 Yellow Onion, Quartered
2 Carrots, Peeled, Cut Into 3-Inch Pieces
1/4 Bunch, Thyme Sprigs
1 Bay Leaf
2 Garlic Cloves, Smashed
2 Oz., Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Pinch, Salt
For The Garbanzo Beans
- Rinse Rancho Gordo Dried Chickpeas well under running water. Dry & set aside.
- Place Rancho Gordo Dried Chickpeas in a large stock pot and cover with water.
- Add vegetables and bring to a rolling boil. Cook for one hour or until tender.
- Kill the heat and let the chickpeas steep.
- Add the salt, olive oil, aromatics and let cool to room temperature.
For The Quiona
- In a small sauce pot, add 1 cup Alter Eco Rainbow Quinoa and 1-1/2 cups water.
- Bring to boil, cover and let simmer on low temp for 20 min until quinoa is cooked.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat canola oil.
- Sauté corn kernels and mushrooms until golden brown.
- Add in cooked quinoa and garbanzo beans.
- Plate + serve.