Caramelized Shrimp | Outer Banks SeaSalt
Borrowing A Recipe From Outer Banks SeaSalt Themselves, These Hard-Seared Shrimp Make The Perfect Peel-And-Eat Treat. The Intoxicating Smell Will Make These A Crowd Favorite. Try And Find Head-On Shrimp For An Even More Flavorful Snack.
Artisan Ingredient Used: Outer Banks SeaSalt
- 2 Pounds, Head On Shrimp
- 2-4 Tablespoons, Outer Banks SeaSalt
- Rinse and dry the shrimp.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pot over high heat.
- When the pan is hot, add the shrimp and cover with a tight fitting lid.
- Wait, do not open the pot!
- After about five minutes, give the pot a shake or two, as if making popcorn.
- The bottom shrimp shells will caramelize and the shrimp will self-steam in their own juices.
- When the smell of the shrimp is too intoxicating, remove the lid and move the shrimp around.
- Continue cooking until all the shrimp are well caramelized, pink + curled into themselves.
- Dump into a big bowl or onto a newspaper covered table and sprinkle generously with Outer Banks SeaSalt