All American Potato Salad
Fresh Made Green-Garlic Aioli And A Touch Of Schaller & Weber's Bavarian Style Sweet & Spicy Mustard Makes This Classic Potato Salad.
Artisan Ingredient Used: Schaller & Weber Bavarian Style Sweet & Spicy Mustard
For The Aioli
- 14 Ounces, Canola Oil
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon, Salt
- 4 Cloves, Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons, Water
For The Salad
- 2 Pounds, Neu Potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons, Capers
- 1 Shallot, Small Dice
- 1 Bunch, Parsley
- 3 Tablespoons, Shaller & Weber Bavarian Style Sweet + Spicy Mustard
For The Aioli
- Place egg yolks in a mixing bowl. Whisk until lighter in color and small bubbles form.
- Very slowly, add in a couple drops of canola oil while continuously whisking.
- Continue slowly adding in canola oil while continuously whisking.
- Once the emulsion becomes thick (after about 1-2 ounces of oil have been incorporated), you may begin adding in the oil at a quicker pace.
- Once all of the oil has been incorporated, the aioli should be thick and creamy.
- Grate the garlic cloves and add to the aioli, along with juice of 1/2 lemon, lemon zest + salt.
- Finish with water.
For The Potatoes
- Combine potatoes with cold water in a pot, to cover.
- Salt the pot generously.
- Place on stove over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce temperature and continue to cook potatoes until fork tender.
- Strain potatoes and allow to cool in the fridge.
- Add capers and shallot to a serving bowl.
- Remove potatoes from fridge and slice at a bisect so they are of equal, bit sized pieces.
- Add aioli and mustard. Mix to incorporate.
- Top with picked parsley leaves.