Pan Roasted Salmon | Braised Endive | Sage Mango Honey | Basil
For The Dish:
6, 6 Oz. Salmon Filets
1 Oz., Olive Oil
12 Small Heads, Belgium Endive, Halved
2 Quarts, Orange Juice
2 Tablespoons, Honey Pacifica Sage Mango Honey
3 Pieces, Star Anise
3 Tablespoons, Butter
1 Bunch, Basil Leaves
For The Salmon:
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, saute the salmon skin side down for 30 seconds with olive oil.
- Finish the salmon in a convection oven for four minutes until medium-rare.
For The Braised Endive:
In a large saute pan over medium heat, saute the endive, both sides with olive oil and butter, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Cover the endive with orange juice, star anise and Honey Pacifica Sage Mango Honey
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place in a 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Strain the cooking liquid from the endives, reducing until it is a syrup consistency. Add the butter to finish the sauce.
- Organize the endive on the plate, put the salmon on top of the endives then finish it with the orange sauce and basil.