Dark Chocolate | Pot de Creme | Whipped Cream
Just in time for the holidays!
For The Dark Chocolate Pot de Creme:
2/3 Cups, Egg Yolks
4 Tablespoons, Sugar
3/4 Cup, Heavy Whipping Cream
1 1/4 Cup, Whole Milk
1 Cup, Fortuna Chocolate
For The Pot de Creme:
- Bring a pot of water to boil for a double boiler. Melt the Fortuna Chocolate in a mixing bowl on top of the boiling water, stirring occasionally.
- In a small saucepot bring milk, cream and sugar to a scald.
- Remove the molk mixture from the heat and slowly stir in the melted chocolate.
- Temper the mixture into the egg yolks (pour slowly!) and strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove any unwanted bits.
- Transfer to four glasses and bake in a water bath, covered, at 320 degrees F for 25-32 minutes, until set. Remove from water bath and refrigerate until serving.