Cacio e Pepe
A simple, yet decadent dish, this creation from Chef Michael Fiorelli combines just eight ingredients (two of which are cheese!) that will blow your palate away.
4 Tablespoons, Unsalted Butter, Cubed
1.5 Tablespoons, Back Pepper, Fresh Cracked
1 Cup, Parmesan Cheese, Grated
1/2 Cup, Pecorino Cheese, Grated
1/4 Cup, Kosher Salt
Two Organic Egg Yolks
Four Slices, Prosciutto, Paper Thin
1. Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a six quart pot. Add 1/4 cup of kosher salt.
2. Add the Community Grains Hard Red Winter Wheat Linguine and cook until al dente, 5-7 minutes
3. Strain, making sure to reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
4. In a large saute pan melt half of the butter and toast the cracked pepper for one minute, swirling the entire time.
5. Add half of the pasta water to the pan and bring to a simmer.
6. Add the parmesan and remaining butter and mix to make a creamy sauce. Reduce until just slightly thickened, about one minute.
7. Add the pasta and coat completely. Toss in the pecorino cheese and season with salt as needed.
8. If the sauce seems too thick adjust as needed with additional pasta water. It should be rich and creamy, clinging tightly to the noodle.
9. Transfer the pasta equally to two plates. Top each with an egg yolk and two slices of proscuitto.