Hickory Ketchup | Hot Dogs | Caramelized Leeks
What Screams "America" More Than Hot Dogs And Ketchup? We've Upped The Ante On This American Classic By Crafting A Smoky + Sweet Ketchup, Infused With Falling Bark Farm's Hickory Syrup. All Topped With Caramelized Leeks.
Artisan Ingredient Used: Falling Bark Farm Original Hickory Syrup
- 12 Ounces, Tomato Paste
- 1/3 Cup, Falling Bark Farm Original Hickory Syrup
- 1/3 Cup Plus 2 Tablespoons, PokPok Som Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons, Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon, Outer Banks SeaSalt
- 1/4 Teaspoon, Allspice
- 1 Pack, Your Favorite Hot Dogs
- Hot Dog Buns
- 1 Leek
- Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon, Salt
For The Ketchup
- Place all ingredients in a small pot/pan and whisk together.
- Place on the stove and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until reduced to the consistency you prefer. Store in the fridge.
For The Leeks
- Remove the root end of the leek as well as the dark green top portion.
- Slice leek in half lengthwise. Rinse the layers under the sink.
- Dice into 1/8" sized pieces.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium high heat with the canola oil.
- Cook the leeks over a low heat, with a pinch of salt, until caramelized. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Boil the hot dogs in a pot of water. 3-5 minuets.
- Toast the buns on the grill.
- Place hot dogs in buns. Top with ketchup + caramelized leeks.