Chicken Liver Mousse | Pickled Shallots | Plum Jam | Herbs
4 Oz, Chicken Liver
2 Tablespoons, Salt
2 Tablespoons, Black Pepper
1 Tablespoon, Pink Salt
2 Tablespoons, Butter
2 Shallots, Julienned
2 Ounces, Brandy
1 Tablespoon, Heavy Cream
1 Bunch Fresh Herbs (i.e. parsley, celery leaves)
1 Tablespoon, Cider Vinegar
1 Small Bunch, Watercress
2 Slices, Country Loaf
2 Tablespoons, Ayako & Family Damson Plum Jam
- Season the chicken livers with salt, pepper, and pink salt.
- In a small pan over low heat, brown the butter.
- Turn heat to medium-high and sear the chicken livers.
- Remove livers from pan and sauté shallots. Cook until slightly caramelized and soft.
- Deglaze with brandy.
- Cool mixture and transfer to a food processor.
- Mix until smooth, add cream. Taste and season with additional salt, and vinegar if needed.
- Pass through a tami (or fine mesh sieve).
- Toss the herbs, radishes and cress with the vinegar and a touch of salt.
- Spread on toast and garnish with the plum jam, herbs, radishes and cress.
Discover Award Winning Chef's Favorite Artisan Ingredients. Along with Step-by-Step video tutorials.