Confit Chicken Tacos | Red Mole | Cauliflower
For the Confit Chicken
4 Chicken Leg and Thigh
1.5 Tablespoon, Kosher Salt
10 Cloves Gralic, Crushed
4 Bay Leaves
1.5 Teaspoons, Black Peppercorns
2 Chile Ancho, Dried
4 Cups, Olive Oil
For the Tacos
12 Corn Tortillas
1 Head, Cauliflower
1 Jar Bunches and Bunches Red Mole
2 Ounces, Pecans, Crushed + Chopped
2 Tablespoons, Grapeseed Oil
1 Teaspoon, Salt
2 Cups, Chicken Stock
For the Chicken Confit
- Gently wash chicken with cold water.
- Place Chicken on a plate with paper towel skin side down, when dry sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the kosher salt.
- Place the garlic cloves and bay leaves on the chicken.
- Flip Chichen and remove paper towel.
- Sprinkle with remaining Kosher Salt.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 12 hours.
The Following Day
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator. Remove the garlic and bay leaves. Rinse the chicken with cool water, rubbing off some of the salt. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Lay the chicken skin side down in an oven safe container with peppercorns and olive oil. Cover and bake for 12 to 14 hours, or until the meat pulls away from the bone.
- Remove the chicken from the fat. Strain the fat. Pick the meat from the bones and place it in a container and reserve for tacos.
For the Tacos
- Clean and prep head of cauliflower. Separate Cauliflower Florets to about the size of a quarter.
- Bring a cast iron to medium/high heat, place oil in pan followed by cauliflower florets. Char on all sides until golden brown but still firm (about 12-15 mins).
- Add pulled chicken confit and bring to temperature.
- Add can of Red Mole and Chicken Stock stir until combined and sauce is smooth. Sauce should come to a simmer, add remaining salt and turn off heat. Warm up tortillas, top warm tortillas with cauliflower chicken mole and garnish with chopped cilantro + pecans.