Chocolate Mousse | Olive Oil Gel | Sourdough
Chocolate Mousse - the classic "Chef's Dessert". A simple to execute sweet treat that doesnt require and pastry or baking knowledge. Heat up some chocolate, mix it with some whipped cream and whipped egg whites + let it chill. Easy and delicious! Check out the recipe from Chef Josh Henderson and Theo Chocolate.
1 1/4 Cups, Heavy Cream
1 1/2 Cups, ½ and ½
1/3 Cup, Sugar
6 Egg Yolks
1 Bar, Theo’s 70% Baking Bar
Olive Oil Jam
4 Tablspoons, Sugar
3/4 Cups Glucose or Corn Syrup
3 Egg Yolks
1 Cup, Olive Oil
1 Baugette, Sliced Thin
1 Tablespoon, Olive Oil
- In a pan combine ½ and ½ and sugar, bring up slowly over medium heat.
- Temper yolks with warm ½ and ½.
- Cook until mixture has thickened. Strain through chinois over the chocolate and wrap with plastic wrap.
- In a separate bowl whip heavy cream until stiff peaks.
- Stir chocolate mixture until completely emulsified and smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream in small amounts until all mixed well.
- Place in a container and allow to set in the refrigerator over night.
Olive Oil Jam
- Combine sugar and glucose in a pot with just enough water to make it look like wet sand. Cook to 235 degrees F.
- Slowly pour sugar syrup into egg yolks in an Bain Marie while mixing with an immersion blender.
- When sugar syrup is completely incorporated slowly begin adding olive oil building an emulsion as if you were making an aioli.
- Allow to cool and store at room temperature
- Slice a baguette or other bread as thin as possible.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt.
- Toast in a 300 degree oven until crunchy.
- Break into pieces to garnish.