Schnitzel | Sweet + Spicy Mustard | Chives
A Bavarian classic, Chef Brittanny Anderson shows you how to master a perfectly executed Schnitzel utilizing Schaller & Weber's Sweet + Spicy Bavarian Style Mustard in both the breading and as a sauce! Check out the recipe video tutorial above while following along below.
4 Inch-Thick Pieces, Boneless Pork Loin
2 Tablespoons, Schaller & Weber Sweet + Spicy Bavarian Style Mustard
3 Cups, Panko Breadcrumbs
3 Cups, Flour
1 Teaspoon, Chives
Butter or Oil for Pan Frying
1. Place your slice of pork loin between two pieces of plastic film and pound out using a mallet or heavy object. Pound to an even thickness of 1/4 of an inch.
2. Whisk eggs with mustard in a large bowl.
3. Place the flour and panko breadcrumbs into separate bowls.
4. Begin mixing your schnitzel by dredging the pork, first in the flour, then in the egg-mustard mixture, then finally into the panko breadcrumbs.
5. Once all the pieces are breaded, pany fry the schnitzel in butter or oil over medium heat, until the breading is golden brown, flipping once, approx. 3 minutes.
6. Remove from the pan and season liberally with salt.
7. Garnish with additional Schaller & Weber Sweet + Spicy Bavarian Style Mustard and chives.