Baked Apple | Skillet Bacon Crumble
Featured Chef Brooke Williamson utilizes Skillet Street Food's Bacon Spread to craft a bacon crumble + pairs it with a baked apple + vanilla ice cream. Check out the recipe preview above + join The FareTrade to cook alongside step-by-step with Chef Williamson from the comfort of your own home.
Baked Apple | Skillet Bacon Crumble | Vanilla Ice Cream
3 Tablespoons, Skillet Bacon Spread
1/2 Cup, Flour
1/3 Cup, Light Brown Sugar
8 Tablespoons, Unsalted Butter, Melted
4 Golden Delicious Apples, Peeled + Cored
1/4 Cup, Maple Syrup
1/2 Teaspoon, Lemon Zest
Pinch Of Salt
4 Large Scoops, Vanilla Ice Cream (or flavor of choice)
1. Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil.
3. Toss the apples with the maple syrup, 4 tablespoons of butter, a pinch of salt, and lemon zest to coat.
4. Transfer to the baking sheet and cover loosely with the foil. Bake until the apples are tender (approximately 40-45 minutes) when pierced, basting with the maple-butter mixture every 8 minutes or so.
5. As the apples bake, heat a small skillet over medium heat, add 4 tablespoons of butter and whisk in the bacon spread. Remove from heat once combined.
6. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour and brown sugar. Add the bacon-butter mixture and using your fingers, incorporate the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
7. Spread onto a baking sheet and bake until crumble is crunchy. (Appoximately 15 Minutes)
When apples and crumble have cooled place apple in bowl. Top with crumble. Place dollop of ice cream on top. Garnish with additional crumble and remaining pan juices from the apples over the top.