STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CUPCAKES
Because whats a celebration of America without dessert? Utilizing Bang Candy Co's Strawberry Rhubarb Syrup in a second application, you'll craft a crowd-pleaser with these cupcakes. Baked rhubarb, macerated strawberries and an infusion of the syrup itself into a whipped-cream topping, you might want to double up on this recipe - they're going to go fast! Artisan Ingredient Used: Bang Candy Co.
For The Cupcakes
1 Cup, Sugar
1/2 Cup, Butter
2 Teaspoon, Vanilla Extract
1 1/2 Cups, All-Purpose Flour
1 1/2 Teaspoon, Baking Powder
1 Teaspoon, Salt
1/2 Cup, Milk
For The Topping
1 1/2 Cup, Whipping Cream
4 Tablespoons, Sugar
5 Ounces, Bang Candy Co. Strawberry Rhubarb Syrup
For the Cupcakes
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla, whip.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and milk to a mixing bowl, alternating between the two.
- Be careful not to over-mix.
- Pour the batter into lined cup-cake molds.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
For The Topping
- Cut rhubarb stalks into coins and place in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar and lemon zest.
- Cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- When soft and aromatic, strain any excess juice for future use and reserve rhubarb.
- Chop up strawberries and macerate in Bang Candy Co. strawberry-rhubarb syrup.
- When the cake is done cooking and both cake and rhubarb have cooled, whip the cream to soft peaks.
- Head 4oz Strawberry Rhubarb Syrup on stove.
- Combine rhubarb, macerated strawberries and whipped cream.
- Remove cupcakes from their molds.
- Top with whipped cream mixture.