Halibut | Peppers | Taste of Bordeaux | Sorghum
Baking the halibut lends a firm and even texture to this succulent fish. Paired with a couple mouthwatering American-Made artisan ingredients elevates this dish that is perfect for a special date night or as a weekly staple.
Yeild: 2 Servings
Time: 40 Minutes
1, 1 Pound Filet, Halibut
1/2 Cup, Wondergrain's Pearled Sorghum
2 Cups, Water
2 Tablespoons, Gustus Vitae's Taste of Bordeaux
1 Pound, Mixed Peppers, Sliced
1/2 Red Onion, Julienned
1 Bunch, Chives, Ringed
1 Teaspoon, Crushed Chili Flakes
3 Cloves, Garlic
Kosher Salt To Season
1 Tablespoons, Canola Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Bring water to boil and add Wondergrain's Pearled Sorghum.
- Reduce head and simmer for 35 minutes until tender and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, Season halibut filets with kosher salt and Taste of Bordeaux.
- Place filets in a cast iron skillet or heavy bottomed pan and place in the heated oven. Cook for approximately 25-30 minutes or until desired internal temperature is reached.
- Place peppers, onion and garlic in an oven proof pan and season with salt, chili flakes + canola oil. Place in oven and cook for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Place the finished sorghum on the bottom of a plate and top with cooked halibut filets. One per plate.
- Spoon cooked peppers and onions around.
- Top with chopped chives and sea salt.