BRATS | MELTED MUSTARD ONIONS ONIONS | PRETZEL BUN
Not much more screams "Summer" than hot dogs and mustard. We decided to up the ante by using bratwurst instead of the classic ballpark franks and top them with melted mustard onions, all stuffed into a delicious pretzel bun. Artisan Ingredient Used: Schaller & Weber Bavarian Style Mustard
6 Sausages Of Choice
2 Whole Yellow Onions
2 Tablespoons, Butter
Salt, To Taste
- Peel and slice the onions.
- Place the onions on top of a sheet of tin oil.
- Add 1 tablespoon of mustard mustard along with butter and salt.
- Wrap the tin foil around the onions so it forms a seal.
- Cook the onions on a 350-400 degree oven for approximately 25-30 minutes, until the onions are soft and melty.
- Grill the sausages on a 350-400 degree grill for approximately 15 minutes, or until cooked to desired internal temperature.
- Toast the pretzel buns on the grill.
- Place the cooked sausages in the toasted buns.
- Top with remaining mustard, as desired.
- Top with melted onions.