Roasted Chicken | Pacific Heights Spice Blend
A take on a roasted chicken, Chef Matthew Accarrino utilizes Spice Ace's Pacific Heights Blend to craft a simple and shareable dish with pickled red-onions, pecans and raw kale. Check out the sample video above and get the recipe below!
1 Whole Chicken; 2 1/2 - 3 Pounds, Spatch-Cocked
1 Bunch, Baby Kale
1 Red Onion, Peeled + Cut Into Small Wedges
1/2 Cup, Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 Cup, Sugar
1/8 Cup, Water
1 Garlic Clove, Peeled + Sliced
1 Teaspoon, Mustard Seed
1/4 Cup, Pecans or Almonds, Toasted
Spice Ace Pacific Heights Blend, As Needed
Sea Salt, As Needed
1. Prepare the chicken or have your butcher do this for you. Spatch-cocking is to open the chicken by removing the back, then opening and removing the keel bone.
2. Rub the chicken with olive oil, salt and sprinkle generously with the Spice Ace Pacific Heights Blend. Place the seasoned bird on a roasting rack and set on a baking tay lined with parchment or foil for easier clena up.
3. Roast the chicken at 350 degrees for 45 minutes then at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
4. While the chicken is cooking pickle the red onion. In a small pot place the vinegar and water, bringing to a boil. Pour in the sugar, mustard seed, sliced garlic and onion. Season with salt. Cook over medium heat for 20 seconds and then cool.
5. When the chicken is cooked let rest, about 10 minutes. Cut into serving pieces and serve with baby kale, drained pickled onions and toasted nuts.