Koda Farms "Risotto" | Sarvecchio Cheese | Nduja
Warming and comforting, this risotto from Chef Matthew Accarrino is the perfect sharable dish to share with your family or friends on a cold winters night. Topped with a fresh fennel and celery salad to cut through the rich risotto featuring Koda Farms' Rice, your guest will be pining for more.
1 Box, Koda Farms Heirloom Kokuho Rose Rice
2 Tablespoons, Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon, Butter, Unsalted
1 White Onion, Peeled + Minced
1 Garlic Clove, Peeled + Minced
1 Teaspoon, Smoked Paprika
3 Tablespoons, Tomato Paste
1/2 Cup, White Wine
3-4 Cups, Stock or Water
4 Oz., Tomato Sauce or Fresh Chopped Tomato
2 Oz., Sartori Sarvecchio Cheese or Parmesan, Grated
2 Oz., Butter
4 Oz., La Quercia Nduja (optional)
2 Celery Stalks, Peeled + Shaved
1/2 Fennel Head, Shaved
2 Tablespoons, Parsley Leaves, Picked
1. Prepare the celery, fennel, and parsley. Place in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes then drain and refrigerate.
2. In a medium pot over medium heat sweat the onion in the olive oil and butter. Add the garlic and cook til fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the paprika, tomato paste and Koda Farms Heirloom Kokuho Rose Rice. Coat and toast the rice lightly.
3. Add the white wine and cook til nearly dry. Add the water or stock in thirds and cook til nearly dry each time.
4. After the last addition of liquid has been cooked down add the tomato sauce or fresh tomato. Taste the rice; it should be al dente but not crunchy. If not quite done add a bit more liquid and keep cooking until desired doneness.
5. At the last minute add the cheese, butter and La Quercia 'Nduja if using. Season with salt to taste.
6. Serve immediately in a large bowl topped with celery, fennel and parsley salad.