Pork Chop | Creamed Broccolini | Hazlenut Gremolata
This spectacular creation from Chef Josh Henderson is one we find ourselves coming back to time and time again. Layered with flavors and texture, we think you'll agree that Chef Henderson knocked this one out of the park.
2 Double Cut Pork Chops
Salt, To Season
2 Tablespoons, Canola Oil
2 Tablespoons, Butter
2 Cloves, Garlic
2 Sprigs, Thyme
4 Cups, Water
1/4 Cup, Salt
1/8 Cup, Sugar
1 Bunch, Large Broccoli
1/2 Cup, Heavy Cream
1 1/4 Cups, Milk
2 Cloves, Garlic
1 Teaspoon, Grated Nutmeg
1/2 Tablespoon, Salt
1/2 Tablespoon, Black Pepper
1/2 Cup, Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 1/3 Cup, Holmquist Dried Hazelnuts
1 Cup, Parsley Leaves
1 Tablespoon, Lemon Zest
1 Tablespoon, Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup, Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon, Salt
1. Dissolve salt and sugar in the water.
- Place pork chops in the brine for 1 hour.
- Remove from the brine and pat dry.
- Heat up a cast iron or oven proof saute pan.
- Add canola or another neutral oil.
- When oil is smoking sear pork chop until deeply caramelized on each side.
- When pork chop is caramelized add a generous spoonful of butter, 2 smashed cloves of garlic and 2 sprigs of thyme.
- Place pork chop in a 300 degree oven or a cooler spot of a wood fired oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes until the interior temperature is 135 degrees for medium rare.
- Allow the pork chop to rest for 5-10 minutes on a sheet tray with a rack before slicing.
- Grill the whole broccolini over a medium high grill until charred on both sides.
- Remove from grill and finely chop the stem and florets of the broccoli.
- In a pan combine milk, cream, garlic, and spices and cook over medium heat stirring repeatedly until reduced by half.
- Add in the cooked broccoli and parmesan cheese.
- Cook until thick and creamy.
- Toast the hazelnuts in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool to room temp
- In a food processor combine the toasted hazelnuts, parsley, and lemon zest.
- Pulse until hazelnuts are coarsely chopped.
- Place in a container and add the olive oil and lemon juice
- Season with salt.