Bloody Mary Shrimp Cocktail
Putting a Southern twist on the classic Shrimp Cocktail, Chef Jason Alley utilizes Texas Beach Bloody Mary Mix to marinate succulent shrimp, combined with cucumber, jalapeño and cilantro, all served up with none other than Ritz crackers.
2 Pounds, 21-25 Count Domestic Wild Shrimp, Peeled and Deveined
10 Ounces, Texas Beach Bloody Mary Mix
1 Small Cucumber, Peeled, Seeded, and Diced
1 Medium Shallot, Minced
1 Medium Jalapeño, Seeded, and Diced
1/2 Bunch Cilantro, Chopped
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Add the shrimp, and bring back to a boil.
3. Immediately plunge the shrimp into an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
4. Drain the shrimp, pat dry, and combine with the remaining ingredients.
5. Allow to marinate for at least 1 hour, or up to 6 hours, turning the shrimp occasionally.
6. Serve cold with Saltines or Ritz Crackers.